And there are more. I recognize that these stories are interesting, but are they the type of stories that a major, mainstream, news channel should be including on their main ticker? I don't think so. When I do go to CNN.com, I rarely click on anything. I skim the site and move on after a few seconds.
But there is a segment that I can't resist. CNN.com (and I assume the television station as well) frequently airs clips of soldiers coming home from an extended absence and surprising their kids at school. Here is the most recent clip that made me cry this afternoon. I see the headline "Soldier dad surprises kids at school" and I am immediately sucked in. I guess that is probably why I still check their website. I love reunions.
5 comments:
I have found CNN's website to be very user unfriendly. I much prefer MSNBC.
I LOVE stories like that--I'm a ridiculous crier--what a good think for CNN to cover
I love reading your posts Betsey! You're so articulate and cracks me up everytime. Not to mention the Nora cuteness factoring in. I think you are the only person who would rival Dan in his love of NPR (especially the This American Life segment). I've tried listening to it with him, but I'm neither as cultured or as smart.
By the way, I think you're awesome for not losing your cool with Nora in the cereal!
CNN isn't my fave ;-( I like more in depth news I guess even when I am just skipping the headlines but Yahoo has plenty of random stuff too. i can't live a day without stopping at BBc news, Nytimes, WSJ and a few Russian papers... Isn't it like the greatest waste of my times ;-) before I at least worked in the industiry and now i am just total news junky... I am glad to hear I am not the only one ;-)
I'm also a BBC fan. Nice to see the international perspective on the US, too.
Post a Comment